I'm a huge fan of cast iron cookware because of it's durability and even cook. But I am not a fan of the weight. Ok, I have to admit, I'm a weakling. In most cases, always needing two hands to lift most large cookware off the stove top.
I got the opportunity to try out a new line of cookware from Cuisinart called the "CastLite". This collection of cookware has classic cast iron construction for even heating and best heat retention. I cooked a steak with the Cuisinart fry pan recently and I was impressed with the even cook, stove top to oven transfer made easy as well!
It's nice and light weight, weighs up to half the amount of most traditional cast iron cookware without sacrificing performance. You'll get expert results every time without the hassle of heavy pots and pans!
Here is a summary of the features:
- Classic cast iron construction for even heating and the best heat retention
- Dupont Platinum 4-coat non-stick made exclusively for cast iron Metal-utensil safe and PFOA-free
- Non-stick cook surface
- Porcelain enamel exterior is strong and durable
- Stovetop and oven safe to 500°F (260°C)
- Riveted, cool grip stainless steel handles
- Induction ready
- Dishwasher safe
I have some more good news - I have one Cuisinart 10" CastLite fry pan in blue to give away, courtesy of Best Buy Canada. Here are a few ways you can enter and win:
1. Like this post and make a comment - Tell me why you would like a new fry pan. (2 entries)
3. Retweeting on Twitter - This one is easy peasy! (1 entry)
4. Best way to enter - Share a recipe that you love. Tweet, Facebook, comment with a link! I'd love to hear about your favourite recipe. (1 entry)
I will announce the lucky winner December 4th. This contest is open only to residents of Canada. Thank you and good luck!
Love and Light, S.