I was looking for a very simple summer salad for a lunch date with my parents and I came across this one on Waiting On Martha. Only a handful of ingredients and the only part that takes the longest is scooping the cantaloupe balls. Everything else you just toss in and mix! It's the perfect blend of savoury and sweet, see below for details!
- 2, 12 OZ. Packages of fresh mozza balls. (I used 1 plain and 1 package of marinated mozza balls)
- 2 Cantaloupes
- 1 - 2 Serrano peppers, thinly sliced (Add one first and if you need more heat, add the second)
- 1 - 2 Packages of smoked prosciutto, torn into pieces (If you can, get prosciutto from the deli that is more dry)
- Handful of basil, roughly chopped
- Handful of mint, roughly chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste (If you decide to use marinated mozza balls, you can drizzle the oil from the container)
- Scoop the cantaloupe into balls and add to a large mixing bowl
- Add the mozza balls
- Add sliced serrano peppers, to taste
- Add roughly torn up prosciutto
- Add the roughly chopped basil and mint
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
Note: The salad is delicate. Toss lightly, I suggest using your hands.
Hope you enjoy!