While picking up products for my little one, I realized there are so many items that I use for him that I love for myself as well. Gone are the days of buying certain things just for him and specifically for me. Several products in the market (for both moms and babies) all do the same thing and in some cases are made with the same ingredients. However, companies repackage them so that they can resell and distribute to different markets. To be blunt, same shit different pile. There are 5 products that I use for my baby boy that I love just as much. Here's to saving some money and not buying different products for the same end use.
1. Aveeno Baby Eczema Lotion - My son does not have eczema, but he does get some dry spots every now and then due to his drooling. I also love this Aveeno lotion because it has a patented triple oat formula that helps soothe and moisturize delicate skin. My skin has always been on the sensitive side, so what's good enough for him is also good enough for me.
2. Johnson's Baby Bedtime Bubble Bath & Wash - I've always been a bath person and as of lately, baths have become far and few between. So when I do get to take a bath I end up using my baby's Johnson's Bedtime Bubble Bath. I honestly love the scent, it has a special blend of gentle and calming aromas. It's hypoallergenic and it is also very gentle on the eyes. Does it help my baby sleep better? The jury is still out, however I feel pretty refreshed after my bath and I also get a nice little scent I can carry with me that reminds me of my babe.
3. Baggu Nylon Pouches - I'm so in love with all the Baggu nylon pouches. They come is super fun patterns and colours and a variety of sizes. I use them for just about everything - I store and separate all the baby's stuff like diapers, wipes, toys and snacks (the list can go on). I use them for my personal belongings like make-up, hair elastics and my OWN snacks.
4. Aden + Anais Wash Clothes - We have a bunch of wash clothes but the Aden + Anais clothes are my favourite. They are made of 100% plush cotton muslin which are super soft and it features a convenient loop so I can hang them to dry between tub and shower sessions. Soft enough for my baby boy and also for mom. I now prefer using these to wash my face oppose to my traditional terry cloth wash towels.
5. Love Child Organics Teefies - Ok ok, these were bought specifically for my son but I have to admit, I've had them as an emergency "I'm HANG-REY and I need a snack ASAP". Trust me, moms you will break down and have your baby's food because you are so desperate for something. But I don't feel bad at all! These Teefies are made from multi-grains (rice, buckwheat, amaranth and millet) and have no added sugar or salt. Amazing right? They are perfect for the teething stage because they have a great biscuit texture and dissolve easily. They do get a little sticky so make sure you have a wet wipe handy to wipe up those grimy hands and face!
What are some of your favourite things that you share with your babe? Please share, I'd like to know.