I consider myself an amateur home cook. But I love food and I pride myself in having a fairly wide and extensive pallet. Being able to learn about the kitchen and dining business these past few months has been amazing and oddly a great fit. When it comes to the kitchen I there are some things that are must haves and I wanted to share some of my pick this season all from Bestbuy.ca. In addition, they are having a kick ass GET COOKING EVENT from September 25 to October 8, 2015.
1. This M'heritage sauté pan from Mauviel is such a beautiful piece. (Would make for a great holiday gift - hint hint). It's made from a wonderful coupling of copper and stainless steel. Its 3.1L capacity gives you ample volume for numerous types of recipes. Mauvuel pieces are just too gorgeous to hide and hopefully your kitchen is set up in a way where you can show these off! On sale for $314.99 save $210 from Sept 25th to Oct 8th, 2015 online at BestBuy.ca.
2. This Paris-inspired U'Select 9" pepper mill from Peugeot makes a fine addition to any kitchen or dining table. It sports a smooth beechwood body with a pristine white lacquer finish. Traditional best selling colors would be red and dark espresso but I think the white adds a nice contemporary touch. On sale for $44.99 save $20 from Sept 25th to Oct 8th, 2015 online at BestBuy.ca.
3. OK, these are great! Especially if you are a tad clumsy or you have a household with kids! The Govino dishwasher safe 16oz. wine glass set means you'll never have to deal with a broken glass again (and we broke many when we moved). It has an elegant tulip-shaped design and the glasses are made from a flexible polymer that's shatterproof, reusable, and recyclable. The ultra-thin glasses also feature an innovative thumb notch to give you the perfect grip. Best part too, these are great to go from indoor to outdoor in a cinch. On sale for $19.99 save $10 from Sept 25th to Oct 8th, 2015 online at Bestbuy.ca.
4. If there is one knife you need, that's a chefs knife. I have this Global chefs knife with sharpener set and it's my go to knife in the kitchen. This set includes Global's best-selling G2 20cm cook's knife and a 220 MinoSharp two-stage water sharpener. You can sharpen your other knives as well with this sharpener with ease (instructions included in the box). On sale for $135.99 save $24 from Sept 25th to Oct 8th, 2015 online at Bestbuy.ca.
5. When autumn hits, all I think about is comfort food and a lot of roasting , braising and stewing. One line I trust when it comes to cast iron is Staub. Staub's signature Cocotte is a high-quality oval-shaped casserole dish made in an enameled cast iron construction that offers excellent heat retention and distribution properties. They offer these in so many lovely colors for the fall season, but this aubergine is my favourite. On sale for $217.99 save $72 from Sept 25th to Oct 8th, 2015 online at BestBuy.ca.
6. Last but not least, waste removal. That's right. We've been looking for an organized way to separate our garbage, compost and recycling and the guys from Joseph Joseph have come up with a well designed solution - The Intelligent Waste. Available in both Charcoal and white. This will be your LIFE SAVER! Regular price $249.99 available online at BestBuy.ca.
All this stuff is getting me excited for some home cooked meals! Happy shopping and make sure to browse the entire Best Buy Canada site for more great deals during their 2 week GET COOKING EVENT from Sept 25th to Oct 8th ONLY!!
Love & Light, S