Who do you call "mom"? I ask that because nowadays I don't think of mom's (and dad's) in the traditional sense. Either way you cut it, mother's are the people in our lives that provide us with that unconditional care and love. They check in on us randomly. They always ask if you've had enough to eat. Even when it's 20 degrees and sunny out side, they always say "be sure to bring a jacket!" Here's to all the mom's out there, doing their thing. So, if you are thinking about spoiling that special person in your life, I've curated a few gift ideas to help you out.
1. This lariat style necklace by local designer Lisbeth, features two vermeil linked bar pedants and it's simple and elegant. Comes in both silver or gold.
2. Mom's have many brilliant ideas. This brilliant idea notepad is perfect for documenting all your brilliant thoughts and quick reminders.
3. Who doesn't like a cute letter press greeting card? Even if your mom wants nothing, a pretty note telling her how much your love her will warm her heart and give her smiles.
4. All natural goodness is the best kind of kindness to moisturize your skin. This jasmine body oil is heaven! In contrast to cream moisturizers and lotions which tend to be high in water and emulsifying agents but low in effective ingredients, body oils contain no fillers and are formulated with only effective natural ingredients.
5. My favourite way to relax is by having a bath. This coconut milk bath powder is life changing.
6. Does your mom love sparkly things? These earrings would be the way to go. A beautiful combination of old and new; vintage and modern. Silver, Vintage Rhinestone Earrings with post and Vintage Brass Stick Beads.
7. When I travel, I try to travel light. Especially for those quick weekend jaunts. Nothing is more frustrating than having to organdie all your beauty products into small TSA/airport security approved travel size for your carry on. For the mom that ravels frequently, this palette of five soul sunday essentials makes the perfect gift. Ideal for the traveler and includes: Mini cool down body scrub, 1oz / Mini multitask body + shave oil, 1oz / Mini ricewash facial cleanser, 1oz / Mini tokai aloe mist, 1oz / mini pits deodorant, 1oz .
8. If you live in Vancouver, you'll know what I mean when I say this. It's a layering city. Be prepared for yo yo weather and always carry a scarf. Designer Mona Sultan unites colours, distinct graphics and composition to create vibrant collections that have strong urban attributes. The scarves come in several colours but I think the red is stunning.